So i got asked this, Are you ready to be a parent?
And this is what ran through my mind:
Was I ready to miss out on my friends parties?
Was I ready to miss the cherry festival (Carnival) ?
Was I ready to not fit in my clothes?
Was I ready to change my life plan?
Was I ready to be considered an adult?
Was I ready to be stared at?
Was I ready to a part of a statistic?
Was I ready to share my room?
Was I ready to lose sleep?
No. No i wasn't. I wasn't ready.
But guess what? No matter how much you plan, no matter how many crazy books you wanna aread, no matter what safety precautions you wanna take,and NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO PREPARE FOR THIS NEW LIFE, you're not ready.
I don't care if you have your pregnancy and you get everything perfect down to the T, even your labor and deliver y. You're not ready.
There are no manuals, even if one of those crazy books you bought says it is, ITS NOT, theres no How - To Videos, about raising your kid. Every kid is different,until they are about 18 youre still not ready, even if you have like 7 kids, you may think youre ready but youre not.
You dont know how the years are gunna go, (hello, "terrible twos", My sweet 16 anyone?). Theres no preparing, planning, there is nothing you can do but hold your ground and go with it.
So, no. I'm not ready to be a parent. But i am ready to take care of my kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment